The future of commit access policy for core Firefox

smaug smaug at welho.com
Mon Mar 13 20:52:41 UTC 2017

A bit off topic

On 03/13/2017 04:37 PM, David Burns wrote:

> Regarding burden on reviewers, the comments in this thread just highlight
> how broken our current process is by having to flag individual people for
> reviews. This leads to the a handful of people doing 50%+ of reviews on the
> code.
Unfortunately I haven't heard other reviewing processes working much better.
Atm my thinking is that if everyone prioritized reviewing over pretty much everything else,
we'd be in better situation. There would be less incentive to ask reviews from current "fast reviewers", since
everyone would process their queue soon enough.
(other, less nice way would be something like bug 1189500)

> We, at least visibly, don't do enough to encourage new committers
> that would lighten the load to allow the re-review if there are nits.
true. I have tried to forward some reviews to relatively new team members.