The future of commit access policy for core Firefox

smaug smaug at welho.com
Sat Mar 11 14:23:39 UTC 2017

On 03/11/2017 08:23 AM, Nicholas Nethercote wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 2:23 PM, smaug via governance <
> governance at lists.mozilla.org> wrote:
>>
>> I'd be ok to do a quick r+ if interdiff was working well.
>
> Depending on the relative timezones of the reviewer and reviewee, that
> could delay landing by 24 hours or even a whole weekend.

The final r+, if it is just cosmetic changes wouldn't need to be done by the same reviewer.

Perhaps we shouldn't even call the last step a review. It would be "ok-to-land".
r+ without asking any changes would implicitly contain that "ok-to-land".
(if rebasing causes some changes, that would then need explicit "ok-to-land")

> In general there seems to be a large amount of support in this thread for
> continuing to allow the r+-with-minor-fixes option.

Yeah. I don't object that, but I also think that having final approval to land the patch might not really be that bad
(assuming the tools are working well enough).