Firefox "Default theme"

Ehsan Akhgari ehsan.akhgari at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 01:44:03 UTC 2015

Does anyone know why we have the "Firefox default theme" installed by
default in Firefox?  In the really old days, the default browser theme was
implement as a Theme, and as far as I can tell, the code in
browser/app/profile/extensions/{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} is
remnants of that old theme (for historical reference, this is the old theme
code that I'm referring to: <
https://github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev/tree/203538d39b33bed2e37a49a10b8c3d6e7a26cda5/browser/base/skin
>).

This unremovable default theme is unnecessary, and it's not even
localized.  I'm planning to remove it unless someone has any objections?

Cheers,
--
Ehsan