Forgetful Browsing

Stuart Philp sphilp at mozilla.com
Fri Jul 17 13:54:31 UTC 2015

I do like this idea, but it sounds complicated.

For removing tab history after this action, tabs are sometimes very long
lived, existing over the life of multiple sites/actions/visits. As a user,
if I browsed say Pinterest to get some ideas for kitchen remodel, then say
I switched to Amazon in the same tab to by a birthday gift for my wife,
then thought afterwards that I'd like to remove the Amazon actions from my
history, I wouldn't want to wipe out the Pinterest searches as well.
Handling that safely would be challenging. I suppose you could remove 'for
the current domain', but I imagine that is something that is not tracked
currently.

This does sound useful, but there is likely a lot of work to get there.
When you right-click a tab currently there is a "Move to New Window"
option. There could be a "Move to New Private Window" as well that doesn't
do anything other than start a new session at the current URL. Eventually
paving the way for "Forget and Move to New Private Window" or whatever, if
that tab tracking is implemented in the future.