Living in a Go Faster, post-XUL world

David Rajchenbach-Teller dteller at mozilla.com
Tue Jul 14 19:50:20 UTC 2015

Interesting point, but I don't think that your suggested approach would
solve the problem of the transition period. I fear that this would leave
us with:
- something very, very hard to land;
- broken add-ons;
- front-end & add-ons developers who don't know how to code in the new
style;
- few developers with a huge burden of maintaining all of the front-end,
plus the compatibility tool, until they can form replacements.

P.S.: I'm starting to feel that there is no solution that passes all
criteria.

Cheers,
 David

--