Living in a Go Faster, post-XUL world

Gijs Kruitbosch gijskruitbosch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 13:22:38 UTC 2015

On 13 July 2015 at 14:13, David Rajchenbach-Teller <dteller at mozilla.com>
wrote:

> * Code the front-end with the add-ons API.

If add-ons are sandboxed in some meaningful way, not all browser
functionality will be writable with the add-ons API. That is still besides
the obvious bootstrapping problem of providing the add-ons API... by using
the add-ons API? :-)

I understand and support the idea that we wish to deliver parts of the
browser front-end out-of-band. I don't know that we should therefore assume
that the entire front-end is coded on the add-ons API (especially if such
an API were usably high-level).

~ Gijs