Revisiting how we build Firefox

Russ Thomas russgthomas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 14:19:27 UTC 2015

On 9 July 2015 at 08:29, Mike Hoye <mhoye at mozilla.com> wrote:

> Those esoteric plaforms are "MacOS and Windows", where something like 99%
> of our users are.
>
> ... but we need to ship our software to our users as we find them out
> there in the world on the hardware and OSes they have, not as we might wish
> them to be.

You make it sound like Firefox behaves on the target OS as the target OS
might expect an app to behave... but I know Firefox does not do that on
Windows. The Firefox window is anything but "standard", including most of
the window chrome and controls.  I (along with many AHK users) wish it were.

Maybe this initiative will change that?