Three Pillars

Nicholas Nethercote n.nethercote at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 07:45:29 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 9:59 PM, Evan Langlois <uudruid74 at gmail.com> wrote:

> You guys read the bugzilla bugs and input.mozilla.org goes into the bit-bucket.

I don't think input.mozilla.org is ignored, but when it comes to
getting engineer attention on specific problems Bugzilla is a better
bet.

> And, straying off topic, but ... is there still a horrible memory leak, or
> is 2.5GB normal for 6 open tabs?

It depends entirely on what those tabs are, and what add-ons you have
enabled, but it does sound on the high side. I suggest using
about:memory to get memory reports. See
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Performance/about:memory
for documentation. If that doesn't show up anything obvious, file a
bug in Bugzilla and CC me.

> My first web browser ran on a 4MB machine.

The web has undergone gigantic changes since then. E.g. see
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7743284.

Nick