Firefox Lite

John Wong gokoproject at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 18:27:09 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Mike Hoye <mhoye at mozilla.com> wrote:

> On 2015-06-28 8:11 PM, M V wrote:
>

>> 2)  IMO, the binary size matters as well.
>

> We ship the developer tools as a matter of principle, not of convenience.
> Mozilla's vision for the Web is one where anyone can be a participant and a
> creator, not just a consumer. It's not free - believe me, it was way more
> expensive to make them than it ever will be to deliver them! - but it's a
> great deal, because storing those tools costs less than pennies, and having
> them right there when you want them is worth more than gold.

Just to echo that. Where I work I support both developers and end-users and
a lot of time we end up using devtools to troubleshoot things WITH the
end-users. I would ask users to try my instructions based on devtools and
ask them to submit a screenshot or whatever I need.
The reader feature is great for some use cases. I have used it to do
proofreading with my manager before we send out a RCA instead of just me
+++++ the page.

It just so happens I found Reader view in Firefox at that time.