New Telemetry dashboards!
vdjeric at mozilla.com
Tue Jul 7 18:26:56 UTC 2015
We noticed a lot of Mozillians struggle to use the Telemetry dashboards
effectively. It can be difficult to interpret the graphs & numbers, hard to
find or filter the data, and there is a risk of making the wrong
conclusions. The dashboards needed an overhaul.
Anthony Zhang, our summer intern, has been working on redesigning the
dashboards over the last month. Blake Winton from the UX team gave us
pointers on the UI, and people around the Toronto office helped us to test
the prototypes. I think we have a much more user-friendly design as result.
The new dashboards are here: https://telemetry.mozilla.org
I invite you to try out the new Histogram and Evolution dashes and leave
your feedback here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/new-telemetry-dash-feedback
Let us know if you find bugs, notice missing functionality, or if anything
is ambiguous or counter-intuitive.
- If you'd prefer to continue to use the old dashboard, we kept it here:
- Anthony will soon be adding support for keyed histograms (bug 1151756)
and count histograms (1172113) to the dashboards
- Anthony is adding a table view to the Histogram dashboards
- We also have prototype dashes connected to the new, "unified"
Telemetry backend (histogram
<http://anthony-zhang.me/telemetry-dashboard/dist.html> and evolution
- Dashboard source: https://github.com/mozilla/telemetry-dashboard/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the firefox-dev