Re: Click to play (per element) recent changes to firefox 24 and up

Jaroslav Matura Jaramat at email.cz
Fri Aug 29 22:12:02 UTC 2014

I believe what was meant by that is that some less trustworthy advertisers
may serve unrevised content, and that content might happen to be the "law-
enforcement-hacked flash video". And beside that, activating *all* Flash
elements at once is both more memory consuming and CPU workload-heavy. I
don't think there still are sites with more than one or two Flash elements
around, but it happens. Also not everybody uses an ad blocker, so clicking
on a YouTube video sometimes may lead to a distracting animated ad being
loaded next to it.

But to be honest, the change that seriously bothers me isn't really the fact
that all elements are loaded by a click on a single element. The doorhanger
that always opens and requires an additional click is pretty damn
irritating, and so is the notification panel. If this thing was open for
voting or whatever, I would vote for the doorhanger removal.