Getting rid of popup windows for good

Jared Wein jaws at mozilla.com
Mon Aug 25 21:37:35 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Gijs Kruitbosch" <gijskruitbosch at gmail.com>
>
> You're using a different web from me, and many other users, clearly.

I think it is wrong to say "and many other users, clearly". Your observations can only represent, well, your observations. Many people use the internet differently and have visit many different sites.

I often encounter these tactics in use on more shady websites. It can get very annoying, and the content of these can trick people into installing malware on their machine or getting phished.

It would be nice if we had some better control over this, or a simple way to blacklist a site from within primary UI (maybe showing a variation of the popup-blocked icon in the location bar that when clicked can offer to blacklist the site).

Cheers,
Jared