Send Tab to Device

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Mon Aug 25 20:10:31 UTC 2014

Thanks for all the pointers, that's really helpful.

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 7:41 PM, Richard Newman <rnewman at mozilla.com> wrote:
> When the Android device decides to sync is a little complicated, but pull-to-refresh should take care of it, unless you're hitting a rate limit.
>
> Please file with logs if you see reproducible oddities here.

It seemed to work just now, with the sync icon spinning and my laptop
appearing at the top of the sync results because I'd just started
using it.

>> 2. The Sync tab in the Android tabs widget has lots of old
>> devices/profiles/stuff that's no longer relevant. I'm not sure how I
>> can remove those.
>
> You can't yet. Bug 620706, Bug 799120, Bug 821532.
>
> They should expire after a few weeks.

Ah, but I don't see that latter bit. In the Android UI, I have a
devices that last synced on Jun 10, Mar 22, Mar 21, Mar 20, Dec 16,
Oct 17, Sep 30, May 16 2012 (in addition to ones that synced more
recently and actually make sense). And many of these actually appear
as duplicates (by name) of devices that synced more recently, which
feels particularly silly.

>> 3. On the other hand, the page I get at
>> https://accounts.firefox.com/settings when I do that seems to need
>> horizontal scrolling on my MBP with full-screen browser window,
>> despite the content being pretty narrow.
>
> I'm not sure how that page is relevant; the Android UI is largely native.

It may not be, it was just some way in which I was trying to clean up
all of those devices.

Cheers,

Dirkjan