New QE-Verify Flag in Bugzilla

Marc Schifer mschifer at mozilla.com
Thu Aug 14 21:45:52 UTC 2014

  A short while ago we had a discussion about how to stream line some QA processes (Desktop QA - Bugzilla keywords: Proposal on dev-quality) and reduce the bug spam generated by setting keywords and whiteboard tags (Bugspam generated by the new process on firefox-dev). The final resolution of this discussion was to have a new Bugzilla flag created, qe-verify, that would replace the current use of QA+/- whiteboard tags and the verifyme keyword. This will give you the ability to easily filter out any activity on the flag instead of needing to have multiple filters for keywords and whiteboard activity as well simplify our queries for tracking work to be done in QE. The use of other keywords (qawanted, qaurgent, steps-wanted, regression-window-wanted, testcase-wanted) will remain the same.

Currently this is only implemented for Firefox QE, other teams are more then welcome to adopt if so desired.

Details:
 New Flag: qe-verify[?|+|-]
  qe-verify[?] = triage request
  qe-verify[+] = bug to be verified
  qe-verify[-] = bug will not/can not be verified

 Deprecate use of:
  Whiteboard tag: QA[?|+|-]
  Keyword       : verifyme

 The component list the flag can be set for is:

  Core                   -- Any --
  Firefox                -- Any --
  Firefox for Android    -- Any --
  Firefox for Metro      -- Any --
  Firefox Health Report  -- Any --
  Firefox OS             -- Any --
  Loop                   Client
  Loop                   General
  Mozilla Localizations  -- Any --
  Mozilla QA             Mozmill Tests
  Mozilla Services       -- Any --
  NSPR                   -- Any --
  NSS                    -- Any --
  Plugins                -- Any --
  Snippets               -- Any --
  Toolkit                -- Any --

If there is a component that I missed please let me or the bugzilla team know so we can fix it.

This message was posted to dev-quality and has been crossposted to on firefox-dev and dev-platform. Please follow up on dev-quality.

Thank You.
 Marc S.
Firefox Q.E. Manager