firefox development process changes

Madhava Enros madhava at mozilla.com
Mon Aug 11 15:20:51 UTC 2014

Hi Blair -

For this very reason, Blake is working on front-end revisions to the tool. Well designed tools definitely matter, and that holds here, too.

Madhava

--
Madhava Enros  |  Firefox User Experience  |  mozilla.org/firefox

On August 7, 2014 at 8:40:22 PM, Blair McBride (bmcbride at mozilla.com) wrote:

On 30/07/2014 11:41 a.m., Gavin Sharp wrote:
> - We will eliminate the Tuesday status meetings entirely. In their
> place, we will ask all team members to provide daily updates via
> bsmedberg's status tool. Updates should be short and submitted at the
> beginning of your day, and mention what you accomplished yesterday, what
> you plan to do today, and anything you're blocked on. Your updates
> should include specific status updates for each of the bugs that you're
> committed to: "work in progress", "in review", or "landed".

Using this again was a bit of a shock, TBH. The visual design, or lack
thereof, feels dispiriting at the start of the day.

I don't mean that as a trivial thing - it's well established that
visually appealing tools result in a more positive and productive
experience, and has follow-on effects to other tasks.

- Blair