Some community engagement news.

Gavin Sharp gavin at gavinsharp.com
Thu Aug 7 22:18:19 UTC 2014

Rather than trying to get more bugs into the meetings, it might be
better to focus on estimating more of the existing backlog (which
already represents a very large set of "wanted" bugs):

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?o5=equals&resolution=---&v5=firefox-backlog%2B&f5=flagtypes.name

If more of the backlog is estimated, it would be easy to split out the
"easy" bucket and use that as a set of diamond bugs.

We have a new "async estimation" process now, which makes it easier at
least for the core dev team to estimate large swaths of bugs. We
estimate bugs in the prioritized backlog before every iteration, it
wouldn't be too hard to add a few more bugs from the rest of the
backlog to that list every week. We could also set up separate
meetings to only estimate the longer tail of backlog bugs, and perhaps
even eventually broaden the pool of "estimators" to further spread out
that burden.

Gavin