PLACES_AUTOCOMPLETE_1ST_RESULT_TIME_MS changes on Nightly since 07/25

Gavin Sharp gavin at gavinsharp.com
Thu Aug 7 21:45:12 UTC 2014

Interesting - so perhaps not as much of a win as I had thought. It
sounds to me like we might want telemetry on the overall time to
display "all results" (or all "initially visible" results) to get a
better picture of the overall effect of autocomplete changes. I could
see making the first result appear quickly but subsequent results
appear more slowly being a net negative in terms of user perception,
for example.

Gavin