firefox development process changes

Marco Bonardo mbonardo at mozilla.com
Thu Aug 7 19:49:43 UTC 2014

On 07/08/14 20:55, Gavin Sharp wrote:
> The alternate proposal you suggest sounds like it would satisfy the
> primary goal, but would not really satisfy the second, in that there's
> no way to explain the reasons why a bug is blocked. That's what we
> proposed a "what's blocked" field in the text status updates. We could
> do a combination of both, certainly.

A possible alternative might be to keep only a free form status column,
where we can any text.
Though that would be less parsable with eyes. With predefined values you
can assign colors instead.
So maybe the best compromise is indeed having a status column with fixed
options and a free form details column to specify further info, so you
have "in review","waiting on mak", for example.

-m