Restricting Bugzilla comments

Daniel Veditz dveditz at mozilla.com
Wed Aug 6 22:44:34 UTC 2014

On 8/6/2014 1:36 PM, Russ Thomas wrote:
> You should be glad to get any feedback (off-topic, trolling excluded).
>  Rants, if nothing else, reflect depth of feeling about the product and
> (certainly in terms of bugs and/or changes to how the software works)
> personal investment felt on the part of the ranter.

As an organization I agree, and we have folks who gauge and interpret
feedback to tease out that signal from the noise. But that's not the
engineer's job and heaping abuse on them in what are supposed to be
technical problem descriptions is harmful. Not to mention
counter-productive as introverts flee and ignore such bugs as a coping
strategy; those bugs are less likely to be addressed unless some of our
thicker-skinned colleagues have the spare time to wade in.

-Dan Veditz