Restricting Bugzilla comments

Gavin Sharp gavin at gavinsharp.com
Wed Aug 6 20:44:14 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Russ Thomas <russgthomas at gmail.com> wrote:
> You should be glad to get any feedback (off-topic, trolling excluded).

The functionality we're discussing in this thread is really only used
to control "off-topic", "trolling", or other abusive behavior. We are
glad to get feedback - that's not really what this thread is about.
The line between "feedback" and "abuse" is entirely subjective and not
the same for everyone. What a boring and simple world that would be.

> For the longest time I've wanted FF and the tools to be my goto dev
> platform.  Sad to say, they're still not up to it.  I have to switch between
> FF and Chrome depending on which best serves my debugging/tools objectives.
> Case in point: I'm in Aurora now trying to debug a problem. In the watch
> window I open "this" and step.  Debugger kindly closes "this". WTF???  How
> long has this been going on? FOREVER, seems like. "Report a bug". Been
> there, done that, slipped into a coma...
>
> /rant
>
> Get a grip guys.  Bells and whistles are fine but really, fix the basics
> first.

This is definitely off-topic, and the tone is rather aggressive for
this to be useful feedback. That being said, I'd be happy to discuss
your bug/feedback experience further off-thread.

Gavin