Restricting Bugzilla comments

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Tue Aug 5 17:35:15 UTC 2014

On 05/08/14 18:30, Mike Hoye wrote:
> A handful of people, including myself, can restrict Bugzilla comments to
> only people with editbugs privs, and I'm happy to do that if a thread
> turns abusive. That's pretty rare, but as our community grows we should
> expect that it will start happening more often, and (eventually) that
> moderators will need to be available. We're not there yet, thankfully,
> so for the moment if a bug starts to go bad that way, please CC/needinfo
> me on it, so that I can address it directly.

And for those who clearly are not interested in contributing properly
(as opposed to those who have just lost their temper) there's the
banhammer, which can be brought down on abusive users. I have a fairly
low threshold for this, for the reasons mhoye gives. I don't know if he
has that power, but I do and so do other admins, and we're not afraid to
use it. Ask on IRC.

Gerv