Some community engagement news.

mhoye mhoye at mozilla.com
Fri Aug 1 19:22:02 UTC 2014

On 2014-08-01 1:49 PM, Manish Goregaokar wrote:

>     If you're interested in being a part of that - as a recipient or
>     contributor - let me know.
>

> This sounds awesome! I've been mentoring a small amount online and a
> bit more locally (in person), and I'd certainly love to get better at it.
>
> (I'm a community contributor, not "inside" Mozilla, though)
Yeah, I didn't mean "inside" to mean "employed by", that's not the right
thing.

I'd like to run the course with people who are longstanding
contributors, employees or not, first. I think it will be useful for
experienced members of Mozilla, but the real goal of this exercise is
going to be turning promising early code contributors into strong
communicators, teachers and leaders.

- mhoye