Some community engagement news.

mhoye mhoye at mozilla.com
Fri Aug 1 19:14:47 UTC 2014

On 2014-08-01 2:24 PM, Chris Peterson wrote:

> What is the process for nominating bugs (that aren't seen in Firefox
> triage meetings) for "diamond" status? How and where are diamond bugs
> promoted?

Right now, I'm finding Diamond bugs by following the Firefox
priority-backlog meetings and picking up bugs that make it all the way
there, and are assessed as being of low-to-moderate difficulty, but
don't get assigned.

Information about how to get them into that process is here:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/IterativeDevelopment#Backlog_Triage

... and they're being promoted on twitter (@StartMozilla) and to
successful contributors in Bugzilla looking for the next thing to work on.

More generally, "Diamond" means "this is a high-priority bug that hasn't
been assigned yet"  - different teams have different ways of gauging
that, and all I'd like is that they use the same whiteboard flag when
they do.

- mhoye