Status of click-to-play plugins in Firefox 24/26

John Wong gokoproject at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 10:16:43 UTC 2013

I want to discuss a point that might have been suggested/discussed already.
Even as a developer, the initial blocking "Your Java version is outdated"
is not helpful in the case of someone running latest Java runtime.

Expectations:

1. Just say Java is blocked on Firefox from x version
2. Give a help message

A sample message in the UI would look like this

Java runtime is disabled on Firefox starting version x.
       What does this mean to me? How to re-enable it?

Yeuk John