Status of click-to-play plugins in Firefox 24/26

Benjamin Smedberg benjamin at smedbergs.us
Wed Oct 30 16:15:56 UTC 2013

On 10/30/2013 11:24 AM, John Wong wrote:
> I am suggesting that we should include help text to tell users why
> this occurs to them and how to mitigate/resolve this issue.
In the doorhanger, there is a help link:

* for vulnerable plugins, the link is "What's the risk?" and takes the
user to the AMO blocklist page for that plugin.
* for other plugins, the link is "Learn More..." and takes the user to
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/why-do-i-have-click-activate-plugins?as=u&utm_source=inproduct

I do not think we should clutter the in-content UI with any additional
buttons or links.

--BDS