Status of click-to-play plugins in Firefox 24/26

Benjamin Smedberg benjamin at smedbergs.us
Tue Oct 29 19:50:09 UTC 2013

On 10/29/2013 3:44 PM, Gijs Kruitbosch wrote:
> Non-UI expert idea coming up, please shoot me down: a lot of feedback
> seemed to say that the lego block icon wasn't obvious enough.
You mean the icon in the page, or the icon in the location bar? In
general, the goal is for the icon in the location bar not to be obvious:
the primary UI is clicking on the plugin in the page.

> Notification bars are strongly disliked (and with good reasons). Could
> we do something like we do for the downloads icon, and display an
> animation of sorts that highlights the lego block temporarily, and/or
> use a more obvious color than (at least on OS X) the
> blend-in-with-the-nav-bar-grey?
We do make the notification icon blue when the plugin on the page is
hidden (or now also when it is removed).

--BDS