Measuring Australis…

Irving Reid irving at mozilla.com
Mon Oct 21 18:18:22 UTC 2013

I'd be happy to sit down with people and help design Telemetry probes to
gather what data we can; there are plenty of constraints that will limit
what we can get.

Ehsan asked about tracking behaviour changes. Telemetry deliberately
does not include specific markers that connect per-session data to
specific browser profiles (and thus users), so we can't track individual
user behaviour changes across browser sessions.

Aside from that, the biggest constraint is likely to be that we haven't
gathered the 'before' data for any of the before/after comparisons. If
you want to compare specific feature use before/after Australis, we need
to land Telemetry probes and get them into the field for a while in
pre-Australis versions of the browser.

I'll comment on the detailed list directly on the Etherpad.

  - irving -