Browser source maps

Fitzgerald, Nick nfitzgerald at mozilla.com
Tue Oct 8 21:04:57 UTC 2013

On 10/8/13 8:53 AM, Gregory Szorc wrote:

> I was talking to dcamp about source maps for chrome JS for bug 903149
> and apparently something currently loads source maps using synchronous
> I/O. So remote hosted source maps [with high latency] will probably
> result in a bad time. Supposedly there is a bug somewhere for the
> components to grow the appropriate async APIs.

We definitely load source maps async in the debugger, which is the only
tool that supports them at this time.

If dcamp is talking about what I think he is, then he is talking
specifically about console logging (which we don't source map ATM) and
how you don't want to wait to fetch some source map before you print out
console messages.