[b2g] PSA: Shutting down my mozilla git mirror in three weeks

Mike Hommey mh at glandium.org
Wed Nov 27 06:20:14 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 06:02:42AM +0100, Julien Wajsberg wrote:
> Note, for git lovers, the git remote hg helper seems to work quite well.
> see http://felipec.wordpress.com/2012/11/13/git-remote-hg-bzr-2/
>
> As an occasional gecko developer I'm giving it a try right now and see
> how it goes :)

Note that since then, git remote-hg has made it to the official git
repository, in contrib/remote-helpers.

https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/contrib/remote-helpers/git-remote-hg

It still has the drawback that it uses a local mercurial clone under the
hood, so a git/hg clone takes between 2 and 3 times as much space as it
should.

Mike