Australis first impressions

Madhava Enros madhava at mozilla.com
Wed Nov 27 19:02:39 UTC 2013

Hi John -

The good:
========

Thank you! Glad to hear these!

The niggles:
==========

-Would like a page title to show, and somewhere more to drag the window.
We're looking at the possibility of re-introducing an option to show the titlebar for those people who want it back. You can already re-enable it by flipping browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar in about:config.

Another interesting possibility is the enlarge-the-current-tab option in this add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/readable-and-closable-tabs/

-Also like refresh button on the left with the other navigation.

Noted - we've got this general case on our UX list to review.

Wishes
======
-Would like an easier way to close tabs. Too easy to leave them open.
(see above)
The same add-on above may be helpful. It's always a fight for space in a tab between title and other controls; we also don't want people accidentally closing tabs when they just mean to select it. Surfacing a better way to undo tab closures would likely let us look at making it easier to close them again, too.

-saw in Chrome/Chrome Canary build the other day a notification in the tab
when its playing Audio. Very useful to find the noisy tab.

Yes! We would like to do this, too. Right now this is difficult for us on pages that play audio using Flash.

Thank you!

Madhava

--
Madhava Enros  |  Firefox User Experience  |  mozilla.org/firefox