The Australis "hamburger" button

Benjamin Smedberg benjamin at smedbergs.us
Fri Nov 22 21:51:44 UTC 2013

On 11/22/2013 4:40 PM, Marco Bonardo wrote:

> While I'm not expecting this to change a taken decision, I wanted to
> throw up my concerns in a more public way, to see if anyone has
> thoughts or ideas about this.

It does seem a little odd to jump on the three-stripes bandwagon when
we've had a pretty good run with the orange button. Everything is so
grey now, which is probably intentional but it feels drab to me. I don't
have much input about either what we call it or what the default shape
should be, but I've made a little addon which lets you put a colorful
icon back in it's place:

http://benjamin.smedbergs.us/iconic-firefox-menu.xpi
In the addon options you can pick from an outline icon, a full-color
icon, or a hamburger.

Also, if you want your titlebar back on mac or windows and you want it
to show you the page title, I've got an extension for that too:
http://benjamin.smedbergs.us/aero-window-title.xpi This one currently
has no options, but I may add an option to control maximized/fullscreen
behavior, since I personally want my titlebar all the time, but I
understand that many people want their titlebar in normal mode but want
it to go away in maximized mode.

--BDS