How to track down why firefox is crashing so much.

Casey Jordan casey.jordan at jorsek.com
Fri Nov 22 17:09:30 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We have a fairly complex web application and the new production version of
Firefox (25.1) seems to be very crash proned. I notice that it crashes
every 10 min or so during normal browsing, but when using our application
it is much more frequent. It also does not seem to be related to any one
particular OS or plugin setup (Tried running in safe mode and other OS's
still get the same result).

I have submitted many crash reports but I fear this won't help anytime
soon. If there is indeed a way to pinpoint why firefox is crashing,
especially with our application how would I go about doing this?

Thanks

I should note that we have been running this app in firefox for the past 8
years and it is only the latest version of firefox that seems to have an
issue.

Casey Jordan
easyDITA a product of Jorsek LLC
"CaseyDJordan" on LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook
(585) 348 7399
easydita.com

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please be advised that any disclosure  copying, distribution, or use of
the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all copies of the message,
whether in electronic or hard copy format, as well as attachments, and
immediately contact the sender by replying to this e-mail or by phone.
Thank you.