firefox source code doesn't support add-ons
mbrubeck at mozilla.com
Tue Nov 5 00:42:37 UTC 2013
On 10/31/2013 6:46 AM, johnhypo wrote:
> Hi,I downloaded firefox-23.0.source.tar.bz2 and built it.However,some
> add-ons are not supported like the extension “app.telemetry page speed
> monitor”,while the corresponding firefox installer version support.
I can't see any obvious reason that add-on would work in an official
Firefox 23 build but not a local build from source code. It looks like
a standard restartless add-on, with no binary components or other
What happens when you try to install or use the extension in your local
You might be able to find out more by following these steps:
* Type "about:config" in the address bar and press the Enter key
* Search for "extensions.logging.enabled"
* Double-click on "extensions.logging.enabled" to change the value to
* Restart your Firefox build
* Install the problematic extension (if it's not already installed)
* Open the Error Console (ctrl-shift-j) and look for log messages
related to addons or XPI installation
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the firefox-dev