Australis triage (FYI)

Justin Dolske dolske at mozilla.com
Sat Jun 22 23:09:51 UTC 2013

I just completed triaging most of the open Australis bugs to give them a
ranking of 1-5 based on a blend of priority and severity. The final
count was P1=27, P2=25, P3=27, P4=26, P5=27. (I swear I wasn't gaming
it!) There are also another ~45 bugs that are either awaiting needinfo,
a subbug blocking some other australis bug, meta bugs, etc.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your bugmail folders.

Triaged bugs are now tagged with [Australis:P1] - [Australis:P5] in the
whiteboard. Untriaged bugs just have nothing (ie, not "Australis:P?").
Here's a handy bug list if you're curious:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=[Australis%3AP
(also, https://people.mozilla.com/~mnoorenberghe/australis/ for all
Australis bugs)

I used the following rough criteria, but feel free to adjust particular
bugs if I've over- or under-estimated their ranking.

1 - Blocker, must-fix before shipping. If this was the last bug left,
would we hold up for it?
2 - Major impact,  considering severity × probability. Not a blocker by
itself, but barely  so. It's a bad bug and we should feel bad for
shipping it.
3 - The Average Bug.  definitely a problem, but doesn't really stop
someone from using the browser. But still noticeable enough that an
average user would complain about it.
4 - Minor or polish bugs that are real issues (especially in aggegrate),
and even annoying,
5 - Low-impact. something we'd fix, but mostly only bothers the
discerning user. Little impact on usability.

Justin