Plugin doorhanger progress and review/landing plan

Benjamin Smedberg benjamin at smedbergs.us
Mon Jun 17 21:06:09 UTC 2013

On 6/7/2013 1:25 PM, Benjamin Smedberg wrote:
> We're getting closer to the end of the Firefox 24 cycle (24-June is
> the branch date), and I'm trying very hard to get the new plugin
> doorhanger UI completed and landed. This is tracked by bug 880735.
Followup on this. All of the functional patches necessary for this are
now up in various bugs:

* Bug 882858 - reviewed, I'll land tomorrow morning
* Bug 883420 - new nsIPermissionManager API, r?jdm sr?mounir
* Bug 880735 - patch series r?jaws and jschoenick

These patch do not include changes to the functional tests, which I hope
to finish soon.

I have pushed a full try run on the functional changes, partly for early
UX testing and feedback, and partly to get some QA on android to make
sure that I haven't broken their CtP UI, which remains significantly
different.

Finally I still don't have any feedback on the visuals. When I finish
the tests, I will plan on making something basic myself so that there is
at least something we can land and iterate on.

--BDS