Downloads API, third update

Paolo Amadini paolo.02.prg at amadzone.org
Thu Jul 18 12:41:40 UTC 2013

In the past two weeks, in Downloads API land, among other things we've
worked towards updating the API to use strings instead of nsIFile and
nsIURI objects at the JavaScript level. This is in line with the most
recent recommendations to promote the use OS.File in the code base,
instead of the main-thread methods on nsIFile.

This change is landing this week (bug 851454), and will affect property
names as well as their types. Documentation may lag behind for some
time, while we work on adding new methods as well.

Last Monday we met with the people involved in the project to summarize
the current status and assign bugs. All of the remaining bugs are now
assigned, and we expect several changes to come in during the next two
weeks. We'll probably have a complete consumer interface very soon.

Cheers,
Paolo