Possible psutil bustage

Gregory Szorc gps at mozilla.com
Fri Aug 23 17:28:07 UTC 2013

If you encounter build bustage with a Python stack trace mentioning
psutil the next time you build, you may need to take manual action to
correct it due to bug 908296.

The following should get your tree in a happy state:

$ hg status -in python/psutil | xargs rm
$ mach configure

This really stinks, I know. There's a lot of suboptimal things we do
around managing the Python environment in the build system. One of them
is a lot of files end up in the source directory instead of the object
directory. Fixing it is non-trivial and needs to be balanced against
other work, such as making builds faster. Considering we only have an
issue like this once or twice a year, I hope you understand why it
hasn't been fixed yet.

Gregory