The new find bar shifting down content

Madhava Enros madhava at mozilla.com
Fri Aug 23 17:09:36 UTC 2013

Hi all -

I'm confused -- why are we still talking about content shifting? Aren't we agreed the the proposal/implementation currently on the table should not shift content down -- that it should overlay instead? This is what I see in UX Nightly, at least most of the time -- are we not currently on the road to that being what happens all the time?

To me, with that caveat, I think this is worth shipping for the reasons I outlined before as well as the one Asa mentions (cross-browser consistency -- we know that most people use multiple browsers for different tasks). It doesn't contain everything we want to do, but it's a worthwhile increment in that direction.

Madhava