The new find bar shifting down content

Mike Connor mconnor at mozilla.com
Wed Aug 21 15:22:17 UTC 2013

I think that this would help on the "principle of least surprise" basis, since the transient nature of quick find variants means that the overlay

I'd actually argue, if we're doing clean redesign work, that quick find should be transient a la quicksilver, and have no persistent UI (and maybe not even a focusable UI).  That's a big separation, and a non-zero amount of work.  The a11y aspects of FAYT shouldn't be discounted, but I'm not sure we've done much in the way of design other than bolting the bag on the side of find bar.

-- Mike