The new find bar shifting down content

Stuart Cook scook0 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 02:55:48 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 5:04 AM, Gavin Sharp <gavin at gavinsharp.com> wrote:
> I find it surprising that you feel this way, because I haven't heard a
> lot of negative feedback about the shifting itself (aside from some
> issues with the animation/fade that have since been fixed).

> Getting beta feedback would probably be useful. I've not heard enough
> negative feedback about this to feel like we need to reverse course,
> but that may just be a side effect of the smaller Aurora/Nightly
> populations.

As one of the affected Aurora users, I dutifully noted my displeasure
at the time. But as with most UI feedback, I expected it to
immediately fall into the "OMG change" black hole. So I'm pleased to
see the topic being discussed.

(I was able to find a user stylesheet that places the find bar back at
the bottom, eliminating the content-shifting and allowing me to
continue normal use of my browser. But I was astonished by the
user-hostility of the change to the default UI.)