The new find bar shifting down content

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 20 19:31:58 UTC 2013

On 8/20/13 3:14 PM, Stephen Horlander wrote:
>   The find bar only shows or hides itself based on an explicit action.

This happens to be false if you check "Search for text when I start
typing" in Preferences > Advanced > General, or start your find with '/'
instead of Ctrl+F even if that checkbox is not checked.

In that situation the find bar will show when you start searching, then
hide itself off a timer.  As in, "randomly", from the point of view of
the user.

Note that I did mention all this in the bug that people seem to not be
reading anymore...

-Boris