The new find bar shifting down content

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 20 19:08:06 UTC 2013

On 8/20/13 3:04 PM, Gavin Sharp wrote:
> I find it surprising that you feel this way, because I haven't heard a
> lot of negative feedback about the shifting itself

Add me to the negative feedback list, then, in case you didn't see my
comments in the bug.  It's incredibly distracting to have content shift
down when I start searching.  But it's way worse to have content
randomly shift up later when the findbar autohides.  It's just
super-jarring to have text I'm reading suddenly move at a random (from
my point of view) point in time.

-Boris