Improving our Get Involved page

Gavin Sharp gavin at gavinsharp.com
Mon Aug 19 20:49:49 UTC 2013

It's a good point!

To some degree, I think a lot of those simplification steps should be
applied to the pages we link to - the "getting started" page should
not duplicate information on our "how to build" pages, for example.

So if our "how to build" pages are too complicated, we should just fix
those directly where possible.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Developer_Guide/Build_Instructions
links to https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Simple_Firefox_build
which is a bit more straightforward, but still perhaps overly
complicated. If we can fix those pages directly, that would be best -
I don't think there's much about building Firefox that's specific to
contributing to our project (but if there are such things, mentioning
them in this page might be useful).

Gavin