Re: The new and improved findbar… and the future?

Jared Wein jwein at mozilla.com
Mon Aug 12 16:28:58 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Mike Ratcliffe" <mratcliffe at mozilla.com>
>
> One thing that irritates me about our current search is that the result is
> often highlighted on the very top or bottom edge of the page. It would be
> awesome if you could ensure that the current word is scrolled to within
> something like the centre third of the content area.

Ehsan wrote a patch in bug 171237 (Fx12) that tries its best to get the find result vertically centered.

I'm sure there are cases where we don't do this perfectly. Can you file a bug for those cases? Perhaps it is also because we don't want to scroll the page if the result is already within view.

Cheers,
Jared