Re: The new and improved findbar… and the future?

Jared Wein jwein at mozilla.com
Mon Aug 12 15:53:45 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Yes, I think this would be greatly appreciated on all platforms (including Highlight All by default as well). We will probably have to disable Highlight All if there are more than 50 occurances to limit possible performance issues, but in the general case this should not be encountered.

I am curious though, how are you doing the styling for the selected text? ::-moz-selection doesn't allow box-shadows, background-images, or padding changes. I don't think we'll be able to ship anything that modifies the DOM of the page due to the perf issues that can come with it.

Looks great!
Jared