CtP discoverability issues proposal

Tetsuharu OHZEKI saneyuki.s.snyk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 08:09:28 UTC 2013

> 1. The relationship between the in-content UI and the doorhanger that
> appears isn't obvious
> - [already implemented] Animate the doorhanger when the user clicks the
> in-content UI
> - Create a delay for clicking out of the doorhanger when it's triggered by
> the in-content UI
> - perhaps add an icon to the doorhanger to make it more eye-catching

About the relationship between the in-content UI and the doorhanger,
fundamentally, the current Click-to-Play is not directly for user. It
ask user about playing *all* elements of a plugin in the page when
user click a its element. But I think that user will expect the UI
asks about to care the click-ed element *only*, beacuse other
browser's Click-to-Play is per-element model. This gap is misery. How
do we solve it?

(My opinion is that introducing a per-element Click-to-Play model to
Firefox. However, there may be some other good ways.)