reminder: fx-team is the new (front-end) inbound

Gavin Sharp gavin at gavinsharp.com
Fri Aug 2 17:43:17 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhgari at gmail.com> wrote:
> Merge conflicts will definitely happen more in the future, I don't think
> it's reasonable to expect everybody to have a mapping of what they (or
> others) have landed in which branch all the time.

I think it's quite reasonable to expect people to track when they've
landed something on an integration branch that merges with central,
and avoid doing so on multiple such branches. (Commenting in the bug
with the inbound/fx-team/b2g-inbound/etc. changeset link is common
practice and should avoid such conflicts in the general case.)
Obviously there can be mid-air conflicts or other such exceptional
circumstances, but it certainly shouldn't be the norm!

Gavin