reminder: content processes (e10s) are now used by desktop Firefox

Gavin Sharp gavin at gavinsharp.com
Fri Aug 2 01:56:53 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Nicholas Nethercote
<n.nethercote at gmail.com> wrote:
> Huh?  This sentence seems entirely antithetical to our standard
> operating procedure.  I.e. backing out known regressions, etc.

What "known regression" are you referring to here? Ads on thumbnails?
That seems like a much less serious problem than the one that
background thumbnailing solves (thumbnails missing entirely).
Obviously the crashes and such will need to get fixed, and we won't
ship the feature until we're happy with its overall quality. But the
feedback we're getting from it being enabled on Nightly is invaluable.

Gavin