New requirement for histogram probes: bug # in description field

Vladan Djeric vdjeric at mozilla.com
Mon Oct 26 18:52:42 UTC 2015

Hi all,

When you're reviewing new histogram probes, please ask the authors to
include the bug # in the description field, the same way we do in VCS
commit messages.

  "description": "Bug 12345: Resident memory size (KB)"

This makes it easier to track down the origin of interesting histograms,
for example when investigating automated Telemetry regression alerts.

I updated the "Adding a new Telemetry probe" wiki page with this
requirement.

Vladan