Errata [was Re: String.prototype.toString = function() { return "custom"; }; JSON.stringify(new String("original"))]

Mike Shaver mike.shaver at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 10:04:34 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock
<Allen.Wirfs-Brock at microsoft.com> wrote:
> Trying to Errata it would just increase the probability of divergent implementations as some implementers may not ever find the Errata.

That seems like it severely diminishes the value of the standard
document.  Why don't we maintain an integrated document at a known
location, that implementers and users and whoever else can go to?  It
seems like making people apply diffs manually (especially given the
tricksy nature of ES5's pseudocode style) is a recipe for pain and
error.

Mike